This class will cover in easy and simple terms the means for you to purchase equipment and begin what will hopefully be a lifelong adventure.
We will cover:
- What is fly fishing and the differences between it and conventional spin type fishing
- The basic equipment you will need
- Rods, reels, line, and of course flies
- Basic knots you will use
- Basic techniques used for casting and landing fish
- How to ‘read’ the water for streams/rivers and still water/lakes
- You will learn where and how to develop the skills that will help you progress in this new endeavor
Along with this class we have trips planned a trip to the Lower Owens River near Bishop, CA in which you will get more instruction from a Sierra Fly Fishing Guide and a chance to use your new equipment and skills on the water. The class is open to anyone, whether new to fly fishing or just as a refresher. Check our calendar for future classes and outings dates.