Forums
× Planing a Trip

Has anyone fished Deep Creek this year?

More
3 years 7 months ago #147 by garnereh
garnereh created the topic: Has anyone fished Deep Creek this year?
Hi my name is Eric, and I'm pretty new to this site. I moved to Redondo Beach from Eastern Oregon about a year ago, and I've been looking all over the SoCal mtns. for decent stream fishing. I had a lot of luck on Deep Creek last year, up until about Nov. I was just wondering if anyone has tried Deep Creek this year yet? And what kind of luck they are having.

I went last weekend to some spots that are pretty tough to get to along the creek and caught a 10-inch, 14-inch and 17-inch brown. They seemed to be in better shape than any of the fish that I caught last season. I was wondering what other people were seeing on Deep Creek. I hope the fish are faring better this year.

Thanks--Eric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #148 by glapolla
glapolla replied the topic: Has anyone fished Deep Creek this year?
Eric,

I have not fished Deep Creek in a couple years. The water situation up there is very bad. Fish the Santa Ana or Bear Creek instead.

Greg

More
3 years 7 months ago #149 by garnereh
garnereh replied the topic: Has anyone fished Deep Creek this year?
I definitely found some fish on Deep Creek. Not going to give away where, but it wasn't easy to access. The fish are in there.
Attachments:

More
3 years 7 months ago #150 by mikewright2m
mikewright2m replied the topic: Has anyone fished Deep Creek this year?
Beautiful fish:::: Did Gary Applebee or Bill Reeves ever get in touch with you???? Let me know: Mike Wright: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 951-805-9713

we have a small stream class this saturday on the santa ana river meet at 8am to mill creek ranger station. u are invited if u wish to come. cost is $10. about 11 of us already signed up to go.

br
mike

Mike Wright
951-805-9713
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
3 years 7 months ago #151 by gapplebee
gapplebee replied the topic: Has anyone fished Deep Creek this year?
I didn't answer after I seen Greg answered. I didn't have an account until now. Now I'm techie. ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikewright2m

More
3 years 7 months ago #152 by garnereh
garnereh replied the topic: Has anyone fished Deep Creek this year?
I didn't have anyone get in contact with me. The primary reason I reached out is because Deep Creek is my favorite stretch of water to fish near LA, and I was happy to see a group who knows about the creek. I fished it many times last summer and three times so far this year, and I always seem to have pretty good luck. I like to hike in to remote areas on streams/rivers where there aren't many (or any) people, and Deep Creek and Bear Creek are really the only places around LA that fit that criteria -- at least that I've found.

I would really like to talk to other like-minded fishermen who have experience on Deep Creek and other streams and rivers in the area -- trade fishing info, spots, etc. It's rare to find true outdoors-men and remote stream fishing enthusiasts around LA. So it's great you guys have this club.

-Eric

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds