Forums

New member questions

More
6 years 4 months ago #101 by Dennis
Dennis created the topic: New member questions
Hello, my name is Dennis and I am interested in joining the Deep Creek Fly Fishers. Does anyone have any idea how I go about signing up for classes? And how much do they cost? I am a beginner fly fisherman, therefore I know I need help with just about everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Dennis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #102 by glapolla
glapolla replied the topic: Re: New member questions
Class signup sheets are put out at the monthly meetings. Classes are $5 for members.

There is a class this Saturday on introduction to fly fishing, and next Saturday there is an introduction to fly casting. It will be held at the clubhouse. You can download the membership application from the website. If you want to attend the class, I am pretty sure it will be ok if you just show up. I will email the education person and let him know you are interested.

Greg
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by glapolla.

More
6 years 4 months ago #103 by Dennis
Dennis replied the topic: Re: New member questions
Thank you so much. I have an application ready and will mail it this week along with new member fee. Those classes sound like a good start for me. Again, thank you for the information!
Dennis

More
6 years 4 months ago #104 by mikewright2m
mikewright2m replied the topic: Re: New member questions
Dennis: This is Mike Wright, your instructor for SATURDAY class. You are welcome to come and I will see you at the clubhouse.

best regards

Mike
951-805-9713
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Mike Wright
951-805-9713
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
6 years 4 months ago #105 by Dennis
Dennis replied the topic: Re: New member questions
Thank you Mike. Unfotunately I had to work both weekends you had the beginner classes. I'm not sure what my next move should be because your education calender doesn't seem to have classes anytime soon for a beginner as myself. Thank you

More
6 years 4 months ago #106 by mikewright2m
mikewright2m replied the topic: Re: New member questions
The Bass Pro shop in Rancho Cucamonga also has beginner classes. the next one is Aug 5th. I teach that class so it is almost the same as what I teach at the club. Just call the Bass Pro and ask for the flyshop and you can signup over the phone for the next class. classes are on a sunday and begin at 1:30 and last until about 4:30. Hope to c u there. they also teach intro to fly casting.

best regards

Mike Wright
951-805-9713

Mike Wright
951-805-9713

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds